Saturday, November 29, 2008

It's been a good week!

My week off is about over... :( It hasn't been a very eventful week but it's always good to stay home with your kid right?? Evan has been so fun this week...well except for the waking at all hours of the night thing. We tried this week to get Evan used to soothing himself back to sleep again (I don't know how we keep getting off track with that!) so it's been a little rough but he's doing better. Yesterday he slept until 5:30...woohoo! that's doing good. this morning was 4:45...not so good. still working on it though. thanksgiving was fun...we went to nana & papa's and then to aunt niecey's. Evan LOVES playing with his cousins. he laughs at everything Parker and Tyler do...even when they are not so nice to him! he still crack up! aunt niecey made her yummy homemade cornbread stuffing and sweet potatoes (I made the easy stuff...corn casserole and green bean casserole!) and Geoff fried up a mean turkey. oh, and some dove...yuck! Friday, since Evan was up so early, I attempted the early doorbuster black friday shopping thing. I went to k-mart...thinking not many people would be there...got there 30 minutes after they opened and all the "deals" i was looking for were gone! hmph! see if I ever do THAT again! frustrated, I went home and tried to get evan to take a nap and later called aunt niecey to see about trying out some other places. When i called her at 8:00 she and Parker were JUST getting up...oh, why can't evan take after his cousin??? anyway, aunt niecey met Evan and I at the Brandon Mall. we must have been out of our minds to want to navigate that crazy mall traffic. It was horrendous...inside and out! I did get a few things...I missed the doorbuster price at Sears by 6 minutes on one item but the cashier was nice and gave it to me anyway. well actually she said the computer hadn't updated yet and still rang the cheaper price...either way, YAY for me! Evan was great....I would let him out of his stroller in some stores and he would immediately start dancing as EVERY store had music on...that boy loves to dance! As we left, we realized I had left Evan's diaper bag in the bathroom and then we couldn't find aunt niecey's car only to later realize as we drove around in my van to find it, it was down the SAME aisle i was originally parked in. sheesh! then last night, as i must be a glutton for punishment, wendell and i went to the new mall in Wesley Chapel. It is one of those outside malls and they had a light show going on where the Christmas lights danced to the music. two of the songs were the 2 denise and i like by the Trans Siberian Orchestra (which, by the way, Denise and Geoff saw in concert recently and i can't believe she didn't blog about it to tell everyone about "crazy violin girl" and the 80's hair band guys...and to tell you that her lovely sister won her those tickets on the radio station!). so after a LONG day, we are done with most of our christmas shopping. just a few more things to get! Tis the Season!

6 comments:

lori said...

Girl you are crazy, I would never take kids to a black friday sale, and Kmart has to be the craziest place next to walmart.
I hit walmart and kolhs but the kids stayed home fast alseep.

By the way Kohls has a great tony Hawk line for Jordan and even a few for Evan, the cutest clothes I have ever seen

Jennifer said...

sounds pretty eventful to me :) I didn't dare try and shop yesterday, but I heard ii wasn't too bad around here. Glad you got to spend some time with your boy.

Denise said...

Yeah, I thought you were a bit nuts too bringing Evan with you yesterday - but he was a good boy the whole day. I'd love to go again if Geoff would let me. Shopping is my weakness by far! Since I have no money to spend, it was fun trying to haggle some deals for you.

Jeanne said...

I so feel your pain when it comes to the 5:00 in the mernin stuff! And, the not sleeping through the night stuff. It's so horrid and hard! One day they'll get their sweet little acts together and sleep. Until then we just have to remind ourselves we have the rest of our lives to sleep, right?
I DID NOT know your stank sister went to see the Trans Siberian Orchestra. I love them! Okey dokey, nuff said! Love you

The Cannon Chronicles said...

I love your family Christmas pic! You are a brave woman attempting those doorbuster sales! It sounds like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving break!

Cyndi said...

i did some christmas shopping with my mom on friday...the first time i'd ever done it. i think it's for the birds.(: i really enjoyed the time i spent with mom though.
evan will start sleeping through the night eventually....don't worry. just keep on being consistant.