Sunday, November 2, 2008

What a wonderful night!

First...an update on the picture voting on snapfish...we still need as many votes as possible....PLEASE send the link to everyone you can and ask them to vote. It only takes a minute! Thanks! http://www.snapfish.com/gethomefortheholidays

So on to my post....we went to see Phantom of the Opera last night. It was both of ours first time going to a broadway show or opera and it was phenomenal. I LOVED it! It was sort of a birthday present for both of us. I say that because even though it was Wendell's birthday that just passed it was really ME who wanted to go! I had asked him 2 years ago when it came to Tampa that I wanted to go for my birthday and diddle daddled around and when he went to buy tickets, it was sold out. I was very bummed. so when I first heard it was coming again (back in April I believe!), I went ahead and bought tickets! So I guess it's an early birthday present for me too....even though my birthday isn't until December! It was so awesome...highly recommend every one go see it if you haven't! I wish, though, that I had dressed up formal. I wore a nice dress that I already had...more dressy than a church dress...but I didn't think I should spend the money to buy a fancy dress. But when i was there...there were alot of people dressed like me but also a lot that dressed to the nines. they looked so nice and as a grown up and a mom you NEVER get to dress up like that anymore. so anyway...I want to go again and dress up!!


We also went out to eat to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse beforehand, I picked it out because Wendell loves a good steak and neither of us had ever been here either. I had heard it was good but expensive. OH MY GOSH, I can't even begin to tell you how good that place it was....so worth every penny. I think it is THE best restaurant I've ever been too. Our appetizer, Calamari, was unbelievable...I've never had calamari like that. My soup, Seafood Gumbo, was SO tasty. Our steaks, Filets, were melt in your mouth yummy and served on this scalding hot plate with bubbling butter all around it. And the dessert, Creme Brulee, oooohhhh....I couldn't get enough! Needless to say, I am already asking to go back for my birthday in December, our anniversary in January, Valentine's Day in February....and whatever other holiday I can come up with!


It was a wonderful night. We had such a good time!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Phantom Of The Opera is awesome! I have seen it twice in Tampa and would go back every year to see it again. I wonder if Joey would like it??

I have heard of that Restaurant, and would like to try it too. That sounds like a good combo...Steakhouse and Opera :)

Cyndi said...

I saw it at the Bob Carr performing arts center in orlando and it was really really good. I always cry at big productions..is that weird? I am so happy for the performers. i realize how hard they work on it, and when all the hard work pays off, I get emotional! anyway, i am glad you had a wonderful adult weekend with your hubby. sometimes, we need it.

Denise said...

In the words of Homer Simpson "Mmmmmm....steeaaakk". And in the words of the Pirates who don't do anything "you're making me hungry"!

Jeanne said...

Phantom of the Opera....can't believe it didn't scare you! :) It looks so scary to me, but I've heard it isn't. I love you and had a b-last at the concert!