Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Props for my school!

Bay News 9 did a story about one of the students at our school and mentioned the great work Achievement Academy does so I wanted to share and brag about my school. Bay News 9 has been following this little boy since before he came to our school...his name is Rhett. He has/had a condition that kept him from sleeping...at all! Can you imagine?? Anyway, he had an experimental surgery done and is doing much better now. I thought you all might like to read his story so I've attached some links to the earlier stories and the one they just did.

Background story:

http://www.baynews9.com/content/36/2008/5/8/346720.html

http://www.tampabays10.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=80326

Yesterday's update (video):
http://www.baynews9.com/VideoPlayer/?Rhett_Lamb_Follow_1110

2 comments:

The Cannon Chronicles said...

Wow, that's a neat story! I'll take food allergies any day over my child not sleeping. I couldn't imagine!

Denise said...

Wow. Slept with his eyes open?? I can't even imagine how stressed out those parents were. He's such a cute little boy.