Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Time to lighten up
i thought it was time for me to do a nice post...nothing worrisome! :) But about the only thing interesting that's happened lately is my "winning spree". I always enter contests and sweepstakes because SOMEONE's gotta win them right?? well, there is a radio station here in Lakeland, that I must be the only one who enters their contests because I've won something for like the 6th time! Well...I'm not always the official winner because I put in Denise's name all the time too...so I've won 3 or 4 times on this station and she's won 3 times! We both won in the last week alone!! Last week I won tickets to see this comedian named Brian Regan for this past Sunday night...neither Wendell or I had heard of him but apparently he has a following. He was in the same theater at the Tampa Bay Performing Arts Center that we saw "Phantom of the Opera" in and it was full. He was okay...had some funny bits. But when I had entered this contest, I also entered one for tickets to the Monster Jam...monster truck competition in Tampa that I've been wanting to go to for 3 years now...and wanted to take Jordan. And when they called me to tell me I won the comedian tickets, I said right then "I bet Denise will win the Monster Jam tickets" and then she calls me yesterday and says "Guess what? you're going to kill me..I just won the Monster Jam tickets!" But being the nice, loving sister that she is, she's going to give them to me because she knew I really wanted to go. But she's been taken care of by my radio station winning spree...she won $100 (for a song naming contest) and tickets to the Trans Siberian Orchestra...both in the past 6 months and both with having put in no effort of her own, thankyouverymuch!!! And on top of that...remember the "win a car" contest I entered with Evan's photo?? well, I didn't win the car but I won luggage! It showed up on my front porch yesterday. Eddie Bauer luggage at that! :) Now I just need to go somewhere! Wendell and I have been discussing a long weekend trip to New Orleans. Not sure if Wendell will be up to it with all his surgeries but he keeps telling me just BOOK IT and we'll make it work! so we'll see. Prices there are really good and neither of us has ever been....and now we have brand new Eddie Bauer luggage! Is it a sign???? hmmm....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




7 comments:
Lucky you! Maybe you need to buy a Powerball ticket. :-)
Brad is lucky like that. He won a trip to Vegas several years back off of Real Radio. I didn't believe him.
I love this post! I certainly wouldn't mind if you entered my name in your little contests! Shoot yeah, you need to go to New Orleans with your new Eddie Bauer luggage! Love you....enjoy the monster jams
Congratulations! I am not very lucky like that, but then again you have to play to win anything right?! Thats awesome, and Jordan will love the Monster Jam, Brant got to go with my Aunt a year ago and really liked it.
Hope you get to go to New Orleans soon!!!
yeah I am with Jeanne you can put my name it them too :)
Your blog looks awesome. Aren't you a lucky girl! Have you ever entered HGTV's dreamhome sweepstakes? I enter every year, but with your luck, maybe you would actually win the thing.
hgtv.com
(:
Oh, I noticed "The Shack" on your bookshelf. I am currently reading it. Only got through where Mack goes back to the shack. It is an AWESOME book. (:
Yeah - thanks for all the "free" prizes. But you forgot to tell everyone how you won an xbox 360 two years ago!! That was a different radio station, right?
Post a Comment