Thursday, December 11, 2008

Calling all prayer warriors!

I got a call from my friend, Rachel, last night. They had to rush her dad back to the hospital...both of his lungs are almost completely full of fluid and there is fluid around his heart. But he's sort of in a catch 22 situation because anything the doctors do is very dangerous for him right now. He is in ICU and Rachel will call me when they decide what to do. PLEASE pray!

(ps. when I called Wendell to tell him this morning, he said "okay...pull a Jeanne and let's pray right now!" I had to laugh...but that's an awesome compliment for you Jeanne!)

I also want to ask for prayer for Wendell. I had mentioned before about his cyst...his ENT appointment is tomorrow but he is in alot of pain right now and has been since last weekend. I don't know if the cyst has grown or the infection has gotten worse but his face is very swollen and it hurts alot. He is in throbbing pain. Some areas of his face even feel numb...his primary care doctor told him that something is probably cutting off the blood supply in his face. the stinking PCP wouldn't give him any pain medication though. he is going to call the ENT again today to try to get in sooner but just please pray that he gets some relief one way or another. He can't even sleep b/c it hurts so bad. :(


**after i made this post, I read an email today from a friend I was trying to get together with that I hadn't seen in a long time. she just had a baby about 6 months ago and we wanted to get our boys together for a playdate. anyway, she emailed to say she didn't know when we would be able to get together because her husband, Jarrod, passed away last week. I was floored...I think she needs our prayers most of all right now....**

5 comments:

lori said...

Wow
I will pray right now for all those needs..

Jeanne said...

Deborah, I am praying...for Rachel's Daddy & family, Wendell & you guys, and Jarrod's family. Oh, that makes me ache. I LOVE YOU!

Denise said...

That is very, very sad for Patti. Maybe you could stop by her house and take her dinner or something. She may like to have someone over so she doesn't feel so alone.

Cyndi said...

oh man...that is terrible. i will be praying for your husband and friends. i can't imagine how she feels...especially here at the holidays.

The Cannon Chronicles said...

So what's the latest? I've been praying.