Okay...so can someone please tell me how we women are supposed to fulfill our roles as mother, wife, and homemaker in only 24 hours a day??? How are we supposed to
Look presentable by fixing your hair and makeup every day (which for me sometimes gets as simple as brushing the hair...forget the wash...and throwing on a little mascara)
AND
Work a full-time job (whether outside the home with a bunch of demanding adults taking every minute of your day or inside the home with a bunch of demanding kids taking every minute of your day!! Mine happens to be the demanding adults)
AND
Keep a clean, presentable, nice smelling, inviting home including but not limited to clean floors, clean dishes, clean clothes (Mine always looks like Hurricane Evan came through with everything he can reach hitting the floor).
AND
Have a nice, manicured, neighbor-friendly lawn (ours alway seems to have knee-high grass and fence lines that look like a mini jungle).
AND
Drive a car that's clean, not trashed, and without a covering of bugs (is that even possible with a one-year old and living down a dirt road?? i was actually teased...lovingly of course....at work about how dirty my van is...OUCH!)
AND
Cook a well-balanced, nutritional, home-made meal for your family (my favorite words are "instant" and "frozen"...well not ALL the time)
AND
Get your child(ren) fed, bathed, homework done, prepared for the next day and in bed by 8:00 (are my goals too high? let me tell you, this 3rd grade homework is CRAZY!)
AND
Find time to spend QUALITY time with your husband (well, quality for us can just be sitting on the couch watching an hour of tv, taking turns rubbing each other's back, feet, whatever)
AND
Keep up with all the fun blogs (I am totally hooked and lose all track of time)
AND
Get a good night's sleep (for me that means at least 8 hours but 9 is so much better!)
So...tell me...how do you all do it???? Just wondering if anyone has any clues they can give me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
Delegate, Delagate, Delegate!!!!
you live and let go, so what if the grass is not not perfect as long as it is low enough to see the snakes, and who cares if your house is a little messy.
But do not neglect the blog world that is unacceptable
I feel your pain sister! Oh, do I ever feel your pain. I have no answers for you, though! :) I guess we have to figure out what's most important...do those things...and the rest will just work itself out! I love you Bob!
Hey! Thanks for you comment! I have to first say what a beautiful family you have! I havent seen you guys in a while. We missed the last reunion...
I dont have any answers either, I often wonder the same questions...we need more hours in a day! I have decided that I will do what I can, the rest will fend for itself until I get to it! Good luck girl! Know we are all with you!
One way I found for a home-cooked meal was to invest in either a crock pot or a slow cooker! Yep, these little items are the way to go when you are on the go 24-7! You just get you a roast or whatever and throw it in there and set it to cook on slow all day! Save me from having to slave over a stove!
BTW, love your blog. And if you need some recipes for the slow cooker/crock pot hit me up. I still have tons of them!
Nana Net (Jeanne's Aunt)
http://wwwawbfam.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment