.jpg)
Wendell and I got back yesterday from a very short and sweet vacation to Orlando. It was literally 48 hrs from the time we left our house to the time we got back! But that was just about all the time I could tear myself away from Evan....next time we'll make it longer but this was the first time I had left him overnight!!! We had a great time. We stayed at this resort right near disney called Orange Lakes Resort and Spa...it was SO nice. It was HUGE....it had a lake with a beach area where you could rent jet skis and mini boats and go skiing, it had several arcades, mini golf, regular golf, the biggest pools I've ever seen with several little kid areas to play and even a lazy river and water slides. Since it's a resort, they offer anything from a normal hotel room to houses for rent. It's also a timeshare place and I had heard that those place sometimes harass you into taking the timeshare tour and all that but one firm "no, thank you" took care of that! Saturday night was the 5-year anniversary since our first date which was at Downtown Disney and even though that wasn't the reason we chose that time to go or to go to Orlando, it was nice to re-live the moment! Our first date consisted of dinner at Fulton's Crab House and then walking around Downtown Disney. Back then there was this area...sort of a little promenade area in front of the water where i suppose you could dance since they were playing all the love songs of disney movies. That must had been the area where Wendell fell in love because I could tell he really wanted to kiss me. But I denied him...at least until the end of the date! :) Anyway...we searched and searched for that area again and came to the conclusion that it must have been where they are now doing some renovations. :( oh well. We went to dinner at Wolfgang Pucks (hated it) and to see La Nouba at Downtown Disney which was so cool. A must see if you haven't! Sunday we pool hopped so that we could experience all the different water areas at the resort...it was so relaxing...perfect weather. and so nice to just enjoy laying out and swimming without having to keep an eye out for the kids! That night we went dinner at one of our favorites, Cafe Tu Tu Tango. That place is so yummy. And then we went to Pleasure Island since it's closing for good in 2 weeks. It was kind of dead since it was a Sunday night but that's okay...less people to see how bad I can't dance! :) I love Mannequins...it has a revolving dance floor and a laser light show that makes you look good even if you can't dance! Monday we went to Epcot...I had never been before. I couldn't make it all day....I don't think I have theme park energy anymore! But what I saw was neat...I'd like to go back next month when they have the food and wine festival. Test track was neat...Wendell said it was like driving with me! All in all a good time. So I am dedicating this song that's playing to Wendell...for loving me the way I am...in all my good and bad and happy and grumpy ways! :)
OH and to share a quick Evan story...My mom watched him Saturday night and she must have forgotten to put PJ's on him. When she went to get him Sunday morning she said he was buck naked! He had taken his diaper off!! I wish I could have seen that! What a picture that would have made!




5 comments:
Girl, we had our first date at Wolfgang Pucks! It should be called Wolfgang sucks (hee hee). That was some expensive nasty stuffis!! I'm glad you two got away! That place sounds crazy wonderful.
Was the Tom Petty song "Won't back down?" You've got to call or email me or something.
That sounds like a very nice 48 hours! I can't believe Pleasure Island is closing, you'll have to hear my story about Mannequins one day.
I'm so glad you had a nice weekend with your hubby! We all need those! And I love Tu Tu Tango! I have not been in a while but I could just stare at all the art on the walls...LUV IT!
I tried to tell you to skip Wolfgang Pucks. Sorry I got sick and couldn't join you guys for dinner. Sounds like you had more fun without us. Happy first date anniversary!
Hey Deborah - Just catching up on blogs. Glad you guys got to enjoy some time away. It is always refreshing even though the kids are all you can think about. I LOVE La Nouba. We have seen it a couple of times. You catch things you every time that you haven't noticed before.
Post a Comment