Thursday, March 5, 2009
is it over yet??
If you haven't heard yet by either word of mouth or my facebook status...I have been dealing with Chickenpox for the past week! yes, the chickenpox....the stupidest, worst, most aggravating virus in the whole world. I am on the upside now...waiting for these stupid things to heal so I don't look like a scary monster from a bad movie anymore. You should have seen Evan eyeing me from afar when it was at it's worst. We didn't want Evan to get near me and believe me...i think he was rather okay with that! Denise kept telling me to take a picture to show her and I was like NO WAY! It's bad enough that you look awful, but then you get a gazillion big, prime-for-popping pimple like bumps but you CAN'T pop them. You want to so bad, you're dying to! But i tried really hard to refrain...kept taking baking soda baths and lathering on the calamine lotion. Thank goodness for the vaccine these days....Evan has had the vaccine and I sure hope that means the won't get it. I am very thankful for my mother-in-law for keeping Evan for the past few days. I missed him so much but there was no way I could keep up with him...I was in bed most of the time...lots of fever and body aches. He had fun at nana's and papa's though. When I went to pick him up yesterday, he was in his high chair with a bowl of left over cake batter and a spatula. he had chocolate all over the place but he was happy! Everyone else in the family has had the chickenpox. i just hope I didn't get anyone else at work or any of the kids sick with it. Thank you all for your prayers. also thank you for your prayers for my sister, Tracy...no rabies symptoms so hopefully that means the shots worked! also, wendell's next surgery...the ankle surgery is set for April 2nd i think...he will have to be off his feet totally for 2 whole weeks. he tried to schedule it for over my spring break but he missed it completely so he will have to be home alone without being able to walk!! I guess I'll have to set up a mini fridge here in the family room and give him a couple of 2 liters to pee in! :) Well...one day soon I am going to pull out the video camera and tape Evan...he does so many cute things now that i just have to show off!!! ;) (for example...right now he's trying to play Guitar Hero!) talk to you blogging buddies later!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
Chicken pox - how horrible! Connor was vaccinated and still got a mild case of them. We had to cancel his second birthday party due to those nasty little bumps!
I still can not believe you got chicken poxs
Girl, how in the hay willy did you get the pox? Didn't you girls have them as wee ones? I miss you! A picture of your speckled face would have been a plus! :)
No way! You got the plague? I mean the chicken pox? I just heard today that a friend of mine has a son with them right now. I literally just starting itching all over! I am glad that you are getting better :)
Chicken Poxs???? That has to be the worst...I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better.
Post a Comment