Sunday, October 26, 2008

Dancin' and aMAZEing corn!

Lori, Harry, & I took our kids to a corn farm in Zellwood today. It was a lot of fun...even though I didn't finish the maze! I gave it a stab but after making who knows how many circles and ending up at the same spot I got a little tired...plus I was pushing a stroller in the hot sun in dirt so I was working a little harder than everyone else! It was neat though...the corn was higher than all of our heads and you can get totally lost in the maze. There is a "map" which is helpful once you figure out where you are on it!! It was funny though...the guide told us to wave our flag if we wanted to be "rescued" so after the 40 minute shot that I gave, I started waving my flag. And to my dismay...I was yelled at to put my flag down by another guide! I guess he just thought I was a kid messing around but I wanted help!!! Finally Harry figured out how to read the map and led us back to the very beginning to let me out and then they formed two teams...boys against girls. Harry, Jordan, and Ethan made up the boys team and Lori, Sarah and Destry made up the girls. Elissa decided to bail with me! They made it out within 30 minutes I'd guess (the boys won...just barely as I'm told they "cheated" by using the map whereas the girls didn't use the map). Lori and Sarah just decided to just go as fast as they could to try each path until they found the paths that worked. So while they did that, Evan and Elissa and I had fun playing in the sand area and the rock maze. Then we all had some yummy food...corn on the cob, green boiled peanuts, hotdogs and yummy elephant ears! It's a neat place...go check it out if you can. The maze is open until November 30th. Here's some pictures to share.

Walking in the corn maze...
The kids at one of the check-in points...

Evan, where are you???


There you are!


Playing in the sand...

The rock maze...

Jordan....almost 4 1/2 feet tall!

Sarah...5'4" I believe...although she did have on some high tennis shoes!


Oh, and this is Evan's new thing....taking off his own diaper. He thinks it's just hilarious running around naked! He just loves to be in the buff!



And here's the dancin' part of my title. Saturday night we went to see Sarah's Fall-o-ween show. Her dance was titled Dracula's Bride...they were pretty spooky looking! She did great though, as always! Evan LOVED watching all the kids/teenagers dance. I thought I would have a hard time keeping him occupied but he just loved watching them and then dancing himself. You can't really tell but he's bobbing up and down in the next picture. it is so funny to see!


3 comments:

Christy said...

I think I need to move where you guys live. There is always something fun to do!
I wish we had more things like that for the kids.
I would have given up after 40 minutes too!!! LOL
Glad you all had such a great weekend!

lori said...

Gir, it was too fun.. I am glad you bailed because Elissa was driving me crazy with her complaining. She had fun with Evan. We should go again and se who can find all the clues first.

Jeanne said...

I can't believe the guide told you to put your flag down. How funny? I love Evan's nudey pic. I certainly hope he doesn't decide to water the floors for you. :)