Christy asked me for the recipe for the chocolate mice so I thought I'd blog it just in case anyone else wants it! Just don't be like me and forget they're stored in the oven and turn the oven on!!! :P
ps. I can't take credit for this recipe...I think it was a Martha Stewart recipe I got a few years ago!!
Ingredients:
Milk Chocolate morsels
Semi-sweet morsels
Regular Hershey Kisses
Slivered almonds
Marischino cherries WITH the stem (a little hard to find...Wal-mart did not have them, Publix did)
Wax or Parchment paper
Writing icing
The amounts on all of the ingredients really depends on how many you want to make
Directions:
Milk Chocolate morsels
Semi-sweet morsels
Regular Hershey Kisses
Slivered almonds
Marischino cherries WITH the stem (a little hard to find...Wal-mart did not have them, Publix did)
Wax or Parchment paper
Writing icing
The amounts on all of the ingredients really depends on how many you want to make
Directions:
Open the bottles of cherries and pour into a colander to drain all the juice. Remove the wrappers from the hershey kisses. Lay out parchment paper on a cookie sheet. Melt equal parts milk chocolate and semi-sweet morsels in the microwave stopping to stir every 30 seconds or so to not scorch the chocolate. Dip each cherry in the melted chocolate (I use a spoon to help get them fully covered in the chocolate) and place on the parchment paper stem side up. I do about 10 or so at a time. Place the hershey kiss on the "front" of the cherry to make the mouse's face. Take two almond slivers and put between the cherry and the hershey kiss for the ears. Once they've dried, use the writing icing to make eyes and nose on the face and voila you have spooky chocolate mice!





3 comments:
Those mice look yummy. Way better than their after picture!
Thanks Again for the recipe! Cant wait to try it!
Those things are adorable....thanks for sharing
Post a Comment