Sunday, July 13, 2008

Cinderella

That's the name of the song Sarah and Wendell danced to and also how Sarah looked last night. It was her quinceaneara where she was the princess of the night celebrating turning 15! It was quite the ceremony...she had a court consisting of 6 of her friends, 2 flower girls (her cousins) a page (Jordan) and her escort (a friend from dance). Her grandparents and parents were announced and Wendell had to spin me around in a circe 3 times like he was showing me off! I nearly got dizzy! I was afraid Evan was going to scream the whole time because lately he hasn't wanted to be away from my side, but he did great...sitting with Grammy with a handful of Puffs! After we were all announed and Sarah was presented, Jordan brought Sarah her 1st pair of high heels (not really but that's what it's supposed to be) that Wendell had to put on her feet...signifying her change from little girl to young woman. Then she and Wendell danced to Cinderella. Sarah started to cry and so did everyone else in the room...it was like a wedding or something!!! Then her escort took over and finished the song. Then she, her escort, and the rest of the court did a "latin performance" as they called it. They did a very fun-looking dance to a salsa song. I wanted to be up there dancing so bad!!! I tried to find that song to play for this post but couldn't find it! anyway after we all ate, the DJ pumped up the jam and we all danced fun dances like the Cupid Shuffle, YMCA, Electric Slide...you name it! Let me tell you...Jordan can tear up a dance floor like no one's business!!! We all had so much fun...especially Sarah. Check out the slideshow...you'll even see how stinkin' adorable Evan was in his little sport coat!

4 comments:

The Cannon Chronicles said...

Wow, it looks like ya'll had fun! I can believe how stinkin' cute Evan looks in his little coat! Man, You'll got a good lookin' family!

Denise said...

I have to agree with Jenny - you all were a beautiful family at the party. Sarah was gorgeous, Jordan was such a handsome little man and of course Evan was stinkin' adorable like you said. I could tell how proud Wendell was of his daughter and it was cool to see him get the chance to show off his family like that. Hopefully you got a family photo that night - although you really should have looked for a teal dress...you clasher! :)

Jeanne said...

That just makes me well up with tears! I enjoyed watching your family! :) You look so beautiful in that pic of you and Evan!

lori said...

How fun!