Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Where did August go?

Gosh, I decided to check out my blog today...it's been a while! I didn't have one post in the month of August! Not that there hasn't been anything to talk about but just so much going on that I kind of forgot about it! So...what's happened in the month of August? Well, I went back to work (sniff, sniff). I can't complain though...I love my job! We have lots of new ADORABLE kids. I hate leaving Evan though. The kids went back to school too...Jordan is in 4th grade and is still doing tutoring. Pray this year gets a little easier for him! Sarah is in 11th grade. Wasn't I just in the 11th grade??? wow...

Jordan's birthday was this month. He turned 9! We have decided to redo his bedroom. I wanted to paint it but just don't have the time BUT we have given him our old bedroom furniture and in turn gotten new furniture for our room! woohoo! We got a pretty good deal at Ashley furniture. It wasn't my absolute favorite but had to pick within my price range. It is really nice though. I don't have pictures yet (I am looking for a new comforter first) but I will post some one day! Same with Jordan's room...We still have to put the bed together. We are going with a skateboard theme and got him a new comforter/sheet set with a skateboarder pillow, new curtains, etc. I bought a wall decal of a skateboarder silhouette with his name carved in it...very cool...can't wait to see it up. Plus we bought some cheap skateboards at Wal-mart that we will put up on the wall as decoration or shelves that he can also take down to ride when he wants to. I am still looking at other skateboard decoration stuff like posters and stuff. So pics will be coming soon. Here's some pictures from his birthday party at Family Fun Center. They all had a blast playing laser tag! I had to add in some pictures at the end of the Evan, Tyler, and Parker jumping in the ball pit. Denise got some pretty good action shots! Also, one of Evan shooting some hoops...he made several baskets on his own! Maybe I have a future NBA star on my hands!











Also this month, Wendell and I took Evan and Parker to see Disney Live! at the Lakeland Center. I was a little disappointed because I though Little Einsteins and Handy Manny were going to be there along with the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse gang and Tigger and Pooh and they weren't. Instead Buzz Lightyear, Woody and Jessie, and a short appearance from Cinderalla joined Mickey and gang instead. I thought Parker might pass out from excitement when he saw the army men from Toy Story. And it was awesome when Buzz Lightyear came down from the ceiling! Tigger was there and he had all the kids in the whole place bouncing. Evan loved it! He and Parker were sweating by the end of the show. Silly me forgot to bring my camera but a friend of mine that went too gave me some pics of the show. Here are my favorites.

Let's see....what else...oh! Wendell and I went to see Mamma Mia at Ruth Eckerd Hall in Clearwater! It was SO stinkin' funny! I've seen the movie too and I love it as well so I highly recommend you go see it if you haven't. I laughed so hard at parts that I was in tears! And I think it's hilarious that all the songs in that musical are ABBA songs. That cracks me up for some reason. I'll have to put Dancing Queen on my music list! well, i think that's enough for now!

4 comments:

The Cannon Chronicles said...

I saw Mama Mia in NYC and loved it. I didn't want to see the movie because I thought it might ruin it for me. Your little guy is growing oh so fast so are the other two. Man how fast the summer flies by when you are having fun! Good luck this school year.

Jeanne said...

Jakers would love that Disney show! Happy late Birthday to Evan! Miss you. And yes, you were JUST in the 11th grade....with me :)

Cyndi said...

You blog is so pretty! I need to see some pics of the new decor, though. I love decorating, and like to see others handy work. All that you have planned sounds great. Oh man, the 11th grade thing has me saying...hmmmm. LOL

Denise said...

August for me was a blur of birthday parties! One right after the other. I'm a little late on the blogs, so I can say Jordan's room is now somewhat done and it looks really good!