Well, since it's been a month since my last post I could have an extremely long one again for the whole month of September but I think I'll just focus on our trip to Washington DC! We went last week. I left Evan for 4 whole days! I missed him so much but it was nice to get away. Washington DC was nice. We stayed in a suburb of DC and rode the metro to the downtown area where all the monuments are. I am proud to say that I am now a pro at riding the metro and understanding the different lines and platforms and all that! I was very nervous at first but Wendell talked me through it. We rented a car but only used it at night since parking and the traffic is crazy in DC. We walked to all the monuments from the different metro stations. I felt like we walked for 20 miles! The monuments are so big that they look close to each other when they really aren't. I was bummed that we didn't get to tour the White House. You have to request a tour with your congressman which we did but they couldn't us in. :( We didn't have time to tour all the Smithsonian museums either so we just picked one...the museum of natural history. It was neat but HUGE! I think Wendell really wanted to see the museum of air and space but maybe next time! The weather was a little better than Florida...not so much humidity. In the shadow with the breeze blowing it really felt like fall! The leaves were just starting to change so every time I saw a tree with red or yellow leaves I would take a picture. Wendell kept yelling at me to stop taking pictures of trees! But we don't get that in Florida!!! Food is always a big part of our trips. We tried an Indian restaurant for the first time while we were there. I picked it because it was voted the #2 restaurant in DC on Tripadvisor.com. We picked the tasting menu which brought you 3 or 4 appetizers, 6 entrees, and 3 desserts...alot of food! It was a neat experience but I have not been converted to a fan of Indian food. Most of it was spicy even though the waiter would tell me "Dis one, eh, not a spicy"! We tried a couple of other new restaurants too. I think our favorite was a Tex Mex chain called "Chevy's". Yummy! Washington was very pretty too...I love all the trees around. The Georgetown area is really pretty too. I'm glad to be home now...I was really missing Evan there at the end. Funny story...we would call him each night and the only time he cried was when one night I told him that Mommy was going to bring him a special present...he immediately started saying NO, NO, NO! I guess he didn't know what I meant by "present"! DC is a must do once so I'm glad we went. Here's some pictures to enjoy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








3 comments:
Oh man, I'm so jealous! I've always wanted to go to D.C. Maybe when our kids get older we can all make one huge trip up there together and see all the sights.
WOW!!! George and I want to go to DC so bad!!!! I showed him your slide show...he thought everything was really cool. We are going to wait til the kids are old enough to appreciate it and go as a family. Looks like you guys had an awesome time! Your blog looks fabulous. Do you have family in DC or was it just a get away for you two? LOVE LOVE the slideshow!!!
Wish we could have gone with you guys. We're just not as spontaneous as you two!
Post a Comment