Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorable memorial!




We had a fun fun fun memorial day celebration. The rain held out long enough for us to have some outside time and to allow Geoff to grill some killer bbq (thanks Geoff!). The kids played in the pool for a little bit. of course my kid goes in clothes and all while I went to get his bathing suit. no time for bathing suits mom! We enjoyed some yummy bbq, corn on the cob, lori's specialty...Soparilla cheesecake, and some watermelon. Then we played some guitar hero...Geoff kicked my butt and Rachel and Lori got their first crack at it. Alot harder than it looks huh??? Then we played this addictive new game I had called Name Droppers where you have to give clues to your team to name a famous person, movie, tv show, etc. After making up our own rules, we had a blast. So much so that we completely ignored the kids for about 2 hours! According to Denise "It's okay, it's not my house" as the kids dumped out chips on the floor, pooped in their pants, and got bloody lips! Does that sound like a fun memorial day celebration or what??

5 comments:

lori said...

I didn't even know about the chips...Too funny. I had a blast, so glad it worked out the way it did and my kids got to enjoy your party.

Jeanne said...

I HATE that we weren't there! I LOVE that y'all had so much fun! Miss you Bobbie Socks!

Cyndi said...

LOL! Kids will be kids, huh?
Looks like it was a lot of fun! And, I love the photo thingy at the top of the post....very cool. You seem to be getting high tech at this blogging thing. (:

Denise said...

Yes, we had tons of fun. So sorry about the mess. Hope it didn't take too long to clean up. Can't wait to play Metallica guitar hero again!!!

The Cannon Chronicles said...

Ooohhh . . . that sounds like fun! Poopy pants and busted lips you can't get much better than that! I love playing guitar hero, I stink at it but I love it!