I showed Evan these pictures and he said "He has MUD on him!". Then I showed him the pee pee picture and he said "He needs some clothes on!". He is so funny! So in preparation for a new baby and more diapers, we finally started potty training with Evan. Can't afford two kids in diapers! :) How's that been going you ask? Go back up and read my comment about Sulsona men being stubborn!! No, actually, the pee pee part has been going really well. We started putting him in big boy underwear and after a couple of days of accidents, I picked him up from Nana's and he had held it practically all day. Wouldn't go on the toilet though. He wanted to play outside so I just took his pants off and told him to "water" the flowers for mommy! He looked at me like I was crazy but eventually the cool air on a warm pee pee got the job done. He peed and thought it was hilarious. So for the next few days peeing outside was all he would do. Even on a rainy day, he refused the toilet so I gave up and took him outside with an umbrella! Then on another rainy day I somehow got him to pee in the shower rather than outside...still refused the toilet. So then I put his little training toilet in the shower and he got to liking the idea of still standing but getting it (or at least some of it) in the bucket and dumping the bucket in the big toilet and flushing it away. Then one evening we took him out in public with no diapers and he had to go. I took him to the bathroom like 3 times and still nothing. He would sit on the toilet but wouldn't go. Finally he gave in and did it! So guess who got a new CARS car and some CARS underwear that very night???? Now he will tell me when he has to go...yay!!! Now the poo poo...different story!!! He has had one successful poo poo on the toilet but that was almost 2 weeks ago. He was holding it until night time when I would put a diaper or pull up on him and then go poo poo. Now he's going in his underwear which is not fun!!! I've promised him everything from a trip to Disney (which he asks to go to ALL the time) to a new toy motorcyle which he loves. I keep telling myself that he'll get it one day!
I have 7 weeks left until my due date (although I would be ecstatic to deliver a couple of weeks early). Pregnancy has been hard this time around...lots of aches and pains. Wendell and I are still getting the baby's room ready. I fear the baby is going to be here before the room is ready...anyone like to paint??? We got some maternity pictures done this time around too. I figured since this is most likely my last pregnancy that I better do all the things that I might want so there are no regrets later! Couldn't afford anything real fancy so we just went to Sears. I am only 31 weeks in this picture...huge huh??? I've gained about 26lbs so far. I'm trying to keep my goal at what I gained with Evan, 35lbs!
Speaking of Disney earlier, we took Evan for a four day trip in March. He had a blast. We even had a night of after hours where he got to "party" with the characters. He danced hand in hand with Minnie, Mickey, Pluto, and Goofy. He even got over his fear of the rides and even rode a rollercoaster! For Evan that was a big deal!!! He loved our new "house" at Disney and when we came home he was extremely upset! Here is a picture of Evan about to go on the Toy Story ride (our absolute favorite ride of them all) with his 3D glasses on. He looks so funny!
I also got his pictures done for Easter. This first picture cracks me up. The photographer was tyring so hard to get him to smile and he just leaned back and was like "keep trying lady". 

so that's enough for now!







4 comments:
Oh darn, I was really pulling for Diego Alejandro. I love the name Dylan though. I can't wait to meet your new little man! It was good to get an update on you and your family!
i love hearing all this and seeing all this. i'm with jen dog though.... alejandro is such a perfect fit :)
My hat? Why do you need my hat?...The PLACENTA! Yes, you know I got that one. You and your pee & poo stories are too much. What are you going to do when you're at Disney and he only wants to "water the flowers"?? Ha ha. I guess you do what you gotta do. Now if we could just get Parker to wear big boy underwear to bed with no accidents!!
Deborah....you look gorgeous! Also, your little Evan is adorable. I LOVE that crooked mischivous smile! Dylan is a lucky boy, coming into a loving family.
Post a Comment