Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Christmas time is here!

I haven't posted anything in forever but figured I'd do a quick one of some christmas-y pics! Maybe there's a lone soul out there that actually reads my blog! Hahaha!



We've been decorating the house like crazy this year. The past couple of years I haven't felt like going all out but this year I guess I've just been in the mood. I can't believe how much Christmas stuff we have! We have lights all over the house and lawn with tons and tons of lights left...just running out of electrical outlets! We even have small christmas trees in each of the kids' rooms. Evan is loving it. We often go outside and look at all the pretty lights on our street. He gets so excited which makes me so happy! Here is one of my favorite pictures. After we first put up the christmas tree Evan couldn't stay away from it. I tried and tried to get a picture of him in front of it but he wouldn't cooperate...pictures are not his thing! But I snapped this one while he was in a daze looking at something on the tree. I just love the look of awe on his face. :)
















These next pictures were taken at Aunt Niecey's house. We got together to let the kids decorate cookies. Evan just looked at me funny when I said "let's decorate cookies" so finally I said "we're going to paint some cookies" and then he got excited. Check out that look of concentration on his face!




































Parker on the other hand was much more interested in eating the icing and sprinkles than putting them on the cookie! But I managed to get a shot of him actually decorating the cookie.


















I had to put this picture up because Evan is actually smiling at the camera! A rarity!!! Denise doesn't like the fact that her pantry door is open though!!!


















Our boys had such a good time!






















The finished masterpieces! Okay...Denise, Sarah and I helped make some pretty ones. Some of us were a little more serious about it than others (cough ~ Denise~ cough, cough)


















Sarah and Jordan (and the big kid, Denise) also made snowman ornaments...turned out pretty cute I think!

5 comments:

Cyndi said...

I am one of the "Lone Souls" ha
I love that photo of Evan looking at the tree! Candids are the best if you ask me. He is adorable. I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas season.

The Cannon Chronicles said...

I love your Christmas tree and the picture of Evan staring at it just makes me smile. It looks like ya'll had a lot of fun decorating cookies!

Jeanne said...

Hey, I still read your blog. :) I love it. All the pictures are wonderful! I knew before you even typed it that your sister would not like the fact that the pantry door was open! Too funny. All those darn cookies look yummy! We were there last year making them with y'all. Alrighty, I'll see you in a few hours! Love you

Denise said...

Where in the world do you store all that stuff? We never did get around to decorating the outside of our house?

lori said...

I love it!
Tell Denise I can see all her stuff in that picture.. HA ha