We celebrated Evan's birthday yesterday at the park in Zephyrhills but TODAY is his actual birthday. I can't believe he is 2! Those two years...the best two years of my life...have flown by. I love that little boy so much...even if he is the biggest mama's boy anyone has ever seen. It won't be long until Daddy or friends are cooler than mommy! Wendell and I wanted to watch the video from the party and I had to burn all the video that was still on the camera so we watched video of him from about October of last year to yesterday. Wow, what a difference! He was so little...and actually had a good haircut (unlike the shaggy mess he has now that he refuses to let me cut). And his talking has gone out of the roof. We got to remember that he used to call Jordan "Nano" and that his favorite phrase was "are you?" There was also lots of video of us trying to get him to sing his ABC's on camera but he never would perform on demand! I want to put together a little slideshow of the past year (yeah right...like i have time for that) but we'll see. I could do like Lori and list the # of things I love about Evan for every year that he is but I have WAY more than just two reasons! But I definitely agree with her statement that he opened up my heart to a love that I never knew was possible. I am tearing up as I write this...I never knew you could love someone so much...especially wild ones that make messes and break things and just drive you crazy sometimes but I do. But instead of getting into all the things I love...here are some things that Evan loves:
Elmo
Blankie
trucks (especially fire trucks)
cookies
riding the lawn mower with daddy
wrestling with jordan
cookies
reading books
singing
cookies
jumping on the trampoline
mommy, daddy, brother and sister
balloons
cookies
rock 'n roll (aka guitar hero)
baby show (these shows we DVR'd from a free preview of Baby First TV)
being outside
cookies
any toy that comes from jordan's room
his cousins, Parker and Tyler...and Byrlee too
taking walks with mommy
running around naked
bubble baths
pointing out flags, cows, flowers, towers and lots of other stuff when we drive anywhere
all his little friends
and did I mention cookies???
I could go on and on. Well....until I get that slide show of Evan through the years, enjoy some pics from his party! (ps. i have no idea why the slideshow says "Natasha Bedingfield" on it...it couldn't get that off and didn't want to start over to do a new one...just try to ignore it!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








5 comments:
Ok, first, that Natasha Bedingfield thing is hilarious! I love the pictures. All of our children are so beautiful! I could totally see Evan as a teenager in his Cars hat. Not that he'd be wearing a Cars hat when he is a teenager, just a hat. Anyway, Happy Birthday Evan! WE LOVE YOU!!
That was a great party yesterday. Parker had so much fun playing with Evan and all the kids. And playing water balloons. You got lots of really good pictures. Happy Birthday Evan. We love you lots too!
I can't believe he's 2. Crazy!
He is a cute cute boy and you are a great mommy!
Happy Birthday Evan! Where does the time go? He is growing so fast! We've been watching videos lately of our children and it is hard to see how fast they've grown in such a short time. What an amazing blessing to be a parent! You've done a great job with Evan, he's adorable!
Deborah....I got teary reading your post myself! There is something about children, they just grab Mom's heart and hold on forever! It makes me so glad to see your family is happy and healty.....beautiful. I wish Evan a Happy Birthday and many more to come.
Post a Comment