Sunday, April 12, 2009

2 days of Easter fun

We had a great weekend of Easter fun. Lots of Easter activities...we colored eggs twice and hunted eggs twice. It was tiring but I know the kids loved it. Evan got so excited when he would find one. "I find it!" he would say....so cute! Jordan and Sarah hunted too...yes, Sarah, who is 15 years old hunts too. I bought different eggs for each kid so that they could only find theirs. Wendell and I hide Sarah's REALLY hard. So hard that we have to play the hot/cold game with her in order to find them. it still took her almost an hour to find hers! Then Wendell's tradition is to put messages in some of the eggs and we all sit and watch the kids open their eggs and complete their message "task"...like "do the hokey pokey", "give your brother/sister an egg", "name a girl/boy at school that you think is pretty/handsome". It's pretty funny. Today, we went to church...Evan did much better in the nursery but definitely not ready to stay without me. Good thing that I stayed because there were probably 20 babies in that class and they needed more helpers. Once one baby started crying, it would snowball into 5 or 6 kids crying. Then we went to Aunt niecey's to color MORE eggs and hung MORE eggs. I love having lots of young kids looking for eggs. It so fun to see their excitement. I think they were more excited about finding them than the treasures inside! It was good fun.





























2 comments:

Denise said...

Yes, we had lots of fun today. I love watching the kids get excited when they find an egg too. It's funny when there's an egg staring them in the face and they still look right past it!

Jeanne said...

Looks so fun Bobby socks! I'm with Sarah Easter egg hunting is the BEST! I wish I could still hunt :) I feel your pain with Evan and the nursery thing. It'll pass...Brylee (is that how it's spelled) looks so much like her daddy in that one. Love love love you!